Nexus Mods is a gaming fan site which allows users to upload their own created content, termed modifications or mods, for various games. Nexus Mods requires users to register before uploading any files or downloading files over a certain file-size limit. It is one of the largest gaming modification websites on the web, with over 971 million downloads since its initial launch, and a member count of more than 8 million registered users. It is highly noted for its support of the game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and is often regarded as the largest website supporting modifications for games in The Elder Scrolls series of games, with sites like PC Gamer and Kotaku referencing Nexus in multiple articles regarding modifications for The Elder Scrolls series. Mods hosted on the site can change games in a number of ways, from adding a first-person perspective to adding fully developed worldspaces with voice-acted quests.
The website gives users the ability to:
- Upload files to their modification's webpage
- Create and display an information page about their modification
- Upload images of their modification
- Comment on file pages
- Browse categories to find modifications for their games
- Search for a specific modification for their games